The suppression list contains email addresses to which email cannot be delivered. The list is automatically maintained by Ternair Marketing Cloud.
An email address appears indefinitely on the suppression list:
- in case of a hard bounce
- in case of a feedback loop (default, if no client specific feedback loop process is configured)
An email address appears temporarily (14 days) on the suppression list:
- if email address soft bounced more than 2 times within 14 days
Email address status
The status of an e-mail address is constantly checked and when it is part of an e-mail sending.
Status ‘not valid’ applies
- if the email address is on the suppression list
- if the email address is empty or has invalid formatting
Reset email address status manually
Email addresses with status ‘not valid’ can be manually reset to ‘valid’, making email addresses mailable again. The email address will then be allowed once, all above checks will be performed again from the date that the reset was performed. Please note that any blacklist administration will not be changed.
Email sending process & denied
Email addresses are checked, before sending, against a checklist.
- all email addresses that appear on the blacklist (if configured)
- all email addresses that appear on the suppression list, unless the email address statusis manually reset and this happened more recent than bounce / feedbackloop date.
- all email addresses with status ‘not valid’
Email addresses that meet these criteria are removed from the mailing and reported as ‘denied’ in statistics. If necessary, email address status will be updated.